US Visa Israel

US Visa Israel - H3 Visa Israel

The H3 trainee visa category is for an alien coming temporarily to the United States as either a:

  • Trainee to receive training, other than graduate or medical education training, that is not available in the alien’s home country; or
  • Special Education Exchange Visitor to participate in a special education exchange visitor training program for children with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities.

An H3 “trainee” must be invited by an individual or organization for the purpose of receiving training, other than graduate or medical education training, in any field including but not limited to:  

  • Commerce 
  • Communications 
  • Finance 
  • Government 
  • Transportation 
  • Agriculture 
  • Other professions

This classification is not intended for US employment.  It is designed to provide an alien with job-related training for work that will ultimately be performed outside the United States.

In order to obtain an H3 trainee visa, a US employer or organization must provide:

  • A detailed description of the structured training program.  The description should indicate the number of hours per week the trainee will be in classroom training and the number of hours per week that the trainee will be involved in on-the-job training 
  • A summary of the trainee's prior training and experience 
  • An explanation of why the trainee needs the training 
  • A statement explaining why the training is unavailable in the trainee’s home country
  • A statement explaining how the training will benefit the trainee in pursuing a career outside the United States 
  • A statement explaining who will pay for the training without the petitioner permanently employing the trainee

There is a numerical limit (or “cap”) on the number of H3 special education exchange visitors.  No more than 50 may be approved in a fiscal year.  USCIS approved three H3 special education exchange visitors in fiscal year 2011.  As of November 17, 2011, none have been approved for fiscal year 2012.

A petition requesting an H3 “special education exchange visitor” must be filed by a US employer or organization.  It should  include a description of the following:

  • The training the alien will receive
  • The staff and facilities where the training will occur
  • The trainee’s participation in the training

In addition, the US employer or organization must show that the trainee is as follows:

  • Nearing the completion of a baccalaureate degree program in special education
  • Has already earned a baccalaureate degree in a special education program, or
  • Has experience teaching children with physical, mental or emotional disabilities

Note:  Any custodial care of  children must be incidental to the alien’s training.